27 November 2014
Stop Explosive Investments Global Day of Action
The Stop Explosive Investments global day of action will take place on Thursday 27 November 2014. It will coincide with the launch of the 2014 update of PAX's 'Worldwide Investments in Cluster munitions; a shared responsibility' report.
Cluster Munition Coalition campaigners across the world will take part in the global day of action calling on financial institutions worldwide to end all explosive investments in cluster munition producers and encouraging governments to introduce legislation to ban investment in companies that produce cluster munitions.
The PAX report, “Worldwide investments in cluster munitions: a shared responsibility”, is under embargo until 1AM GMT, Thursday 27 November 2014, when it will be available to view or download: http://www.stopexplosiveinvestments.org/report
The will include the infamous 'Hall of Shame' of financial institutions that are investing in cluster munition producers, and also the growing 'Hall of Fame' and ‘runners-up’ category of financial institutions that have established (comprehensive) policies to prevent future investment in them. It will also show what action states are taking to prohibit investments in cluster munition producers.
The report will be the fifth update of “Worldwide investments in cluster munitions: a shared responsibility.” It will provide updated information on:
- Financial institutions that are investing in cluster munitions producers
- Financial institutions that have disinvested from cluster munition producers and established clear policies to prevent future investment in them
- Other financial institutions that have taken positive steps towards fully disinvesting from cluster munition producers
- Governments that have passed legislation banning investments in cluster munition producers
- Governments that have issued statements interpreting the Convention on Cluster Munitions to ban investment in cluster munition producers.