17 October 2014
"Ending Use of Cluster Munitions - the Urgency of the Global Ban" UNGA First Committee Side Event
The Permanent Mission of Costa Rica to the United Nations and the Cluster Munition Coalition hosted a First Committee side event, during which experts presented the latest evidence of recent use of cluster munitions and on how best to support the global ban.
The event took place on Friday 17 October, at the UN Headquarters in New York.
- Alex Hiniker - PAX - chair
- Maritza Chan - Minister Counselor, Permanent Mission of Costa Rica to the United Nations - Presentation
- Amy Little - Cluster Munition Coalition - Presentation
- Mary Wareham - Human Rights Watch
For more information on Cluster Munition use in Ukraine:
- Ukraine: Widespread Use of Cluster Munitions, Human Rights Watch, 20 October 2014
- Cluster Munition use in Ukraine, Cluster Munition Coalition
For more infomation on Cluster Munition use in Syria:
- Cluster Munition use in Syria, Cluster Munition Coalition
Download the flier for the event here