Director - International Campaign to Ban Landmines and Cluster Munition Coalition
Do you thrive on high-profile international advocacy? Can you rally, resource and inspire a diverse and successful coalition of campaigners and staff from across the globe? Do you ignite with the ambition of achieving fast progress in ridding the world of landmines and cluster munitions? If so, you could be who we are looking for.
The International Campaign to Ban Landmines – Cluster Munition Coalition (ICBL-CMC) seeks a highly motivated and dynamic person to effectively lead our staff team, two campaigns and unique projects.
About the ICBL-CMC
The ICBL-CMC is a global civil society network dedicated to putting an end to the suffering caused by antipersonnel landmines and cluster munitions.
We seek to prevent all use, production, and trade of these weapons, and to ensure stockpiles are destroyed. We denounce any use of these indiscriminate weapons, and mobilize others to do so as well. We call for efficient clearance of all landmines, cluster munitions and explosive remnants of war; and we want to see the fulfillment of victims’ rights and needs. The best way to reach these goals is to ensure the universal adherence to, and implementation of, the 1997 Mine Ban Treaty and the 2008 Convention on Cluster Munitions.
We inform and rally the public to act with us for a world without antipersonnel landmines and cluster munitions, where the rights of victims are upheld. We monitor, analyze, and report on progress on these life-saving treaties as well as on obligations as yet unfulfilled.
ICBL-CMC members, including victims of landmines and cluster munitions, take action in some one hundred countries. We work in an inclusive manner with NGOs and individuals committed to helping us reach our goals. We believe in the impact of a coordinated and flexible network of NGOs with experience and passion.
The ICBL-CMC Director will be expected to:
- Develop and execute strategies to promote the universalization and full implementation of the Convention on Cluster Munitions and Mine Ban Treaty.
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy that ensures the financial stability of the organization.
- Resource, assemble, inspire and lead an effective, motivated team, instill a common vision and sense of purpose, set clear goals and direction for the team, and coordinate and communicate effectively to achieve them.
- Be the face and voice of the campaigns: represent the ICBL-CMC externally to international audiences, governments and donors worldwide, present the views of the campaigns and influence policymakers to achieve campaign goals.
- Inform and consult the ICBL-CMC Governance Board.
The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
- A minimum of seven years’ proven ability to manage, supervise and mentor a team of people, preferably in the NGO sector. Experience with virtual team management and supervision is an asset.
- Substantive knowledge of and experience with the landmine and cluster munition issues, the two campaigns, and the two conventions (or knowledge and experience in the disarmament field) would be an asset.
- Ability to work proficiently in English is essential and fluency in other languages would be an asset.
- Proven capacity to work in a self-directed manner as well as a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with staff and campaign members.
- Track record of results-oriented, successful execution of advocacy campaigns.
- Concrete experience in strategy development and coordination resulting in the successful execution of an organizational work plan and budget.
- Demonstrated experience in managing via a results-based management or logic framework.
- Substantial record of successful fundraising for larger grant contracts and experience liaising with potential donors.
- Excellent and proven communication and interpersonal skills with a wide variety of multi-cultural, multi-lingual groups and stakeholders.
- Personal commitment to the campaigns to ban landmines and cluster munitions is essential.
- Documented experience as a spokesperson with the media, governments or other stakeholders.
- Available for international travel.
- Stamina, flexibility, personal drive and sense of humour.
- Equally comfortable interacting and engaging with governments, international organizations, United Nations agencies, as well as national campaigners and field-based mine action operators.
ICBL-CMC sees diversity as a strength. We encourage all that meet the profile to apply, irrespective of age, gender, race, religion, ethnicity or political affiliation.
Click here to view the full job description.
Please send a cover letter and CV by 8 August 2017 to: email@example.com.